Sunday, June 05, 2011

Milestones

My kiddos are hitting milestones left and right these days, thus the total lack of blogging lately.  Most of my "free" time is spent trying to get one or both of them to nap.  That said, I thought I'd jot down a snippet of what's going on around here.

Els continues to say everything that we do and everything else that she can think of.  The child could (and sometimes does) literally talk to a wall.  The coolest thing she's started doing lately is singing.  To my utter joy and delight, she knows most of the little songs that I have sung to her her whole life and she sings them back to me now.  A personal favorite is "Tinkle Tinkle Wittle Ta-wa."  Also, the girlfriend is all but potty trained.  She still wears a diaper at naptime and bedtime, but sometimes even those stay dry.

Miller-man has hit the six month old point where he just does something new every day it seems like.  In the last two weeks he has gotten his first tooth, started sitting up on his own, and is eating baby food twice a day.  I am positive that he will rejoice the day he no longer has to nurse or take a bottle.  He wants our food now and only humors me by drinking most of his nutrition.  We joke that we are going to have steak for his first birthday.  He is still the smiliest Mama's boy that's ever been.  .

Well, that's it for now.  I hear a rousing chorus of "Mama, Mama, Mama" coming from Els' room.  She's still in a crib.  Not ready for that milestone yet!

1 comment:

Grace said...

Excellent.