Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dad

When he was only 21 years old, my dad became my dad.  I'd like to think that, like all new parents, he was terrified, but I'm sure he didn't show it if he was.  If I know my dad, he jumped into parenting with abandon, head first, and gave it all he had.  Twenty nine years later, the same is true.  In all honesty, I don't really have the words to adequately laud my dad.  I love exercise because he does, I love reading because he does, I love learning because he does, but, most of all, I love the Lord because he does.  (And as an aside, I cannot think about my dad without thinking of you too Mama.  So, just for you and everyone reading this, know that she is included in everything I say about him.)  For years my parents have gotten up early early to pray and I can't think of anything better they could have done/could do.

Thank you for giving everything you do 110%, Dad.  Thank you for pointing us to Christ at every turn.  I know you're not perfect, but I couldn't dream of a better earthly father.  I want to be like the Jesus I see in you.

{The picture is of my and my dad and Miller-man on the day he came home from the hospital.}

No comments: