Saturday, October 07, 2006

Not my home

There are just some days when I just feel like a stranger here. While I realize that I am called to take up my cross daily, putting aside my self for the sake of showing others Christ's love, there are some days when it would just be way easier to just go home. Today has not particularly been one of those days, but it seems that they are becoming more numerous lately. Take for instance the day last week when we talked about abortion in one of my classes. Now it's just considered another form of birth control. I'm sorry, but how can people be so calous to believe that a human being is not a true human until it is out of the womb? Since when do people who make stupid decisions have the right to murder simply because giving birth is inconvenient for them? How can we really call ourselves civilized when, not only do we not protect our most defenseless members, we give oursleves the right to kill them? These are things that I do not understand in the least.

When I am more incensed about this week's football score than the hungry people in my town I am just ashamed. My only hope is that this is not my home.

Oh what a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ my Lord!

No comments: