Friday, August 25, 2006

Goodbye, old friend

It's sad, but true. My dear old friend Pluto was given the pink slip yesterday. Apparently it's no longer a planet, sad. Pluto was always a favorite planet for me, besides Earth, of course. The underdog, the little man, in a way, Pluto gave me hope. Sure, it was the smallest and farthest away from the sun, but it kept trucking in its orbit. It was kind of like your "everyday" planet. Like you and me. Nothing special, just doing its job, circling the sun against so many odds. And those heartless astronomers gave it the ax. Now it's a "pluton." At least its lending its name to a new category of space things. But, then again, that's just like Pluto, forging the way no matter what.

Pluto, you'll always be a planet to me!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Buh-bye, baby planet!

CityStreams said...

I tagged you on my blog. Hope that's okay :o)