Sunday, August 21, 2005

In homage to Sweden...

The country of Sweden is truly fascinating. I have discovered recently that this small, Scandinavian counrty has much to offer. The first are Volvos. They are always the safest cars and they are really nice looking also. I always tell Brian that's what I want as my "mom" car one day. Next is the phenomenon that is Ikea. Atlanta just got one and I went a couple of weeks ago. There are hardly any words for how amazing this "Walmart of Europe" is.

This weekend I discovered a little cracker called "Wasa." Also Swedish. No trans-fats in the things and cheese is way better on them than your ordinary Ritz. I heard from a friend that the store "H&M" is also a Swedish design, but I don't know that for a fact. It would make sense since it's an awesome place that is reasonably priced, but I don't want to give credit where it's not due.

Anyway, if you know any other cool things about what is rapidly becoming my favorite Scandinavian country, let me know.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Swedish cheese ROCKS. Kelli, there's a store up in the North GA mountains, just outside of Helen, that sells Scandinavian food/beverages/blankets, etc. Let's take a road trip some Saturday this fall! It's a beautiful place to be when the leaves are changing.

jmg said...

is that the place we went at women's retreat? that was awesome! mmmm...cheese...

Carrie said...

Yes, that's it!