Tuesday, November 20, 2012

On Lists

We are in the season of lists here.  Listing blessings, food to buy, food to prepare, gifts to give, tasks to accomplish before Eva arrives.  I have this little yellow legal notebook that I've been carrying around with me for just that purpose, because, let's just be honest here, if it isn't written down, it doesn't happen.  There are just too many thoughts elbowing one another for room in my head.  So, this got me thinking, since I seem to just pop by here every so often, I would list some highlights of life so that the "to blog" thought can have a seat and be quiet for a while.

B sent in his "where we want to go next list" to his monitor this week.  It makes me all excited and nervous at the same time.  I've already had nightmares about one duty station in particular.  We are really looking forward to getting back into a Marine Corps community again.

That said, we are REALLY enjoying all of the down time that being in school around the holidays affords him.  We realize that we live in a fantasy world right now.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really don't know how I would have swung this pregnancy without all he's done around here since July.

Fall has finally come to Macon.  We've actually had some downright cold days.  It seems as if we did not move to one of the outer layers of the sun after all.

One of the only things that I can say that I truly love about being 36 and a half weeks pregnant is that I can consider walking exercise.  I'm trying to walk every day.  Although, I look forward to the day that I'm running again, I want to relish this lazy (to me) time also.

Muh will be two years old in less than a week.  When did that happen?  He is still the sweetest little boy that God put on the planet, however, we have been getting a good taste of the "twos" from him for about a month now.  (aka-Mealtimes are NO FUN at our house.)  Also, he is in love with football.  The child won't watch cartoons for more than two seconds, but he will sit mesmerized by the TV if a football game is playing.  Crazy.

Indelible Grace has a new album out and I cannot even begin to explain to you how good it is.  "Joy Beyond the Sorrow" is it's name.  All I can say is get it, listen, repeat.

Els is a "real princess" all the time these days.  A real one, Mommy.

That's about all I can think of for now.  I am incredibly thankful for the life we are living.  It is ever changing, but we know He who holds the future and that is enough.
Also, our BFFs came to visit from Beaufort last week!  It was so good for our souls, even if not for our sleeping!

No comments: