Monday, January 03, 2011

I'm Burning

When God called Moses in Exodus 3 to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt and under the hand of Pharaoh, Moses' first question was highly understandable.  He basically asked, "Who am I, Lord?  Why me?"  I understand his thinking because I've been asking God the same question for the last five and a half weeks.  "Do you really know who I am, God?  Why did you pick me to be the mother of two children?  Don't you know I'm much more qualified for, well, anything else?"  No, God hasn't called me to lead a nation, but on days like today, I feel like that would be a much easier job description than the one I have.

As I was just in the shower (oh the sheer bliss of two simultaneously sleeping children!) God reminded me of Exodus 3, Moses' question, but more importantly, he reminded me of how he answered the shepherd-cum-leader of Israel.  He didn't pat Moses on the back and remind him of all the good things that he'd done, all of the ways God had been preparing him for this task.  No.  He simply said, "I will be with you."

That's what he's reminding me of today.  No sir, I'm not qualified for this job.  Not in the least.  But it is exactly where God wants me and he is with me every step of the way.

And I know who He is.

"Moses saw the bush in flames and heard the branches speak his name, I wonder if he felt this kind of fear..." -Nichole Nordeman

No comments: