Monday, October 04, 2010

How Can it Be?

Where has the time gone?  When did it change from June (the month it still currently is in my head) to OCTOBER?  While I'm quite excited that the temperature has dropped below the 90s (and even 80s!) here for a couple of days, it means that a precious little boy will be joining our family on the outside very soon.   This is partially due to the fact that I went to the doctor last week at 31 weeks and they don't want to see me back for 5 weeks.  5 weeks.  Oh government healthcare.  It's free, but sometimes you get just what you pay for.  Somedays, his arrival couldn't came soon enough and, at the same time, there are some moments where I feel like freaking out a bit.

My parents came this weekend and Dad helped B rearrange a bunch of furniture in the kids' (kids'!) rooms to get ready for Miller's arrival.  Now I have two rooms of the house that are in complete and utter disarray.  My task for the week:  create order from said chaos.  I know that I don't have to have Miller's nursery ready for him when he arrives, that he won't use it much for the first several weeks, but it will make me feel a lot better about things.  Especially with his due date smack dab in the middle of our two biggest holidays.  My sister is positive that I won't make it that long and while she was right about Els coming early, I am not getting my hopes up.  All I hope for is that he be born healthy and naturally.

So that's about it for now.  Things are entirely insane for B at work which means a lot of evening walks for Els and me while we wait for him to come home.  Our new double stroller is supposed to come today, so maybe we can give it a spin before it officially has two occupants.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement after my last post.  We don't live in a vacuum and it's so good to be reminded of that.

No comments: