Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blue Sky Blues

I'm not going to lie-sitting in the condo at the beach for the second afternoon in a row while the rest of my family is down enjoying the sun and the waves is not my ideal vacation.  Not that I can really complain-at least I'm here and not all by myself somewhere.  This is where the harsh truth of parenthood comes in.  Els is taking a nap and I am the only one who can feed her when she wakes up.  Add to this the fact that my husband is about 1000 miles away for the next nine weeks and you can imagine my mood this bright and sunny (perfect for the beach) day.  

I don't really have a lot to write about, so thanks for being a listening ear, world wide web friends of mine.  Today has given me a lot to think about, namely why God designed families with two parents.  Now, I know that this ideal situation is not always possible because of lots of different things, but I don't know how I could raise Els on my own.  I am sure I would have a lot less sanity than I do.  That said, I am so thankful that Els and I have a family that has invited us in with open arms and an open invitation while B is away.  

My world is just weird right now.  Not in a bad way.  Just in an inside-out kind of way, if you know what I mean.  

"Now the sky could be blue, I don't mind, without you it's a waste of time." -Coldplay

3 comments:

CityStreams said...

Totally know what you mean. {{Hug.}} It gets easier. I hate being a single mom while Hubs is at work. But it does get easier. I guess you just get used to it.

I wanna come VISIT you!!!

BDish said...

Call me back so I can talk and laugh with you!!!!!!

Brittany Wardlow said...

love you;)