Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm a Redneck Woman

So, as I've written before, I've been doing some yoga in the last little bit of my pregnancy. It's really good for strengthening and toning muscles and stretching me out. The only problem is that I've grown out of all of my tank tops that I wear to exercise in. I can still wear B's t-shirts, but they are bulky in the arms and get in the way for yoga. So, yesterday, I find myself at Wal-Mart, shamelessly scouring the plus size department for a tank top when I notice a sign over a small rack that says, "maternity." Great. Who knew the evil empire had maternity clothes? But why shouldn't they? Surely they carry a nice, plain tank top. Oh no, plain is way to much to ask. I had my choice between a grey, "Does this shirt make me look fat?" cartoon character tank, a black version with Betty Boop on it, and a white one with fake air-brushed butterflys and the word "Love" emblazoned on it. Which one did I go with? The butterflies of course. I don't know if I feel like Mariah Carey with it on or Gretchen Wilson, but B laughed at me when he got home yesterday. He called me his little red-neck woman. But it does the job for yoga, and that's what I got it for. Although I don't know if I can put it in a drawer, I'm afraid my other clothes may shun it. Ha.

3 comments:

BDish said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

CityStreams said...

You're such a snob! LOL ... I can just picture it, though. Sounds hilarious. Take a picture for yourself. This is a hallmark moment in your pregnancy.

Shelley said...

Hilarious!!!!! Can't wait for those days!