Thursday, April 16, 2009

When I grow up

My friend Annie recently blogged about a quirky dream job of hers and it got me to thinking about mine. I've had a few over the years, which is probably why I could never settle on a particular career path. (Which is ultimately a blessing because I would already be back at work now since Els is 7 weeks old tomorrow.) So, here's a rundown of my top three random dream jobs:

1-Postal worker- I know, I know, they have their stereotypes, but I've always wanted to be one. To get to see all of the mail that comes in and sort it however they do. I love letters. I love stamps. I even love the smell of post offices.

2-Weather woman- Actually, in 5th grade my aspiration was to be the world's first singing weather woman. I used to watch the weather channel for fun. There was even a bit of time where I wanted to be a storm chaser. And then get on tv and sing to the world about it. We all know how that turned out. I warned you, these are random.

3- Last, not least, but maybe most far-fetched- When I was little, maybe 5 or so, I wanted to be a bird. A white bird. But a girl can only dream sometimes.

What are some of your "dream" jobs?

3 comments:

betsy said...

All I have ever wanted to be was a National Geographic Explorer. I was actually voted most likely to be the next Steve Irwin in high school. I guess it is not that unusual, but my mom reminds me that at age 5 I explained the mating rituals of various animals to all of the old ladies at church!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog...just found it tonight as I was blog hopping..Hope you will visit me...

BDish said...

Agreed, to be a bird would be awesome. Add movie star, princess, runway model (haha), shoe designer, subway sandwich artist, international flight attendant, pastry chef...the list goes on. But I am onl 27 so maybe I have time.