Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hello

This is a word I find myself using a lot. That and "good morning." Sometimes I say "good morning" so many times in a day I still revert back to saying it at 5pm. Thus is the life of an operations coordinator (read-"receptionist"). Occasionally, a guest will stop by my desk just to comment how they would never be able to do my job because I am surrounded by people all the time and I have to be nice to everyone. And, it's true, sometimes, I very much struggle with having to be nice to everyone I see. But the hardest thing for me is that, when in doubt, I am wrong. The customer is right, my co-workers are right, it must be my fault. "Sure, I'll go ahead and get you a refund for parking because you didn't read the sign (that is on the parking meter that you paid) that I made yesterday saying that you didn't have to pay for parking."

Today is one of those days. I don't think I'd be happy doing any job today. I must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed as they say. Maybe I just need lunch.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi, Kel,
I definitely know about "those days". I think the problem is - I'm not always nice! Just think about the people whose day you make with your kind smile! You definitely brighten my day when I talk with you!
Love you,
Ma (as Micah calls me)

CityStreams said...

You always brighten my day too! Hope it gets better :o)
~Cindy~